How To Install Local by Flywheel on Windows 10
Local by Flywheel is a local development environment, optimized for WordPress. It’s an alternative to similar tools such as XAMPP, MAMP, and WAMP.
Local by Flywheel does the heavy lifting for you behind the scenes so that you can get on with developing sites rapidly. A new WordPress site can be installed in a few clicks – no more downloading WordPress, no editing wp-config.php or fiddling with ports! Local handles all that for you.
There are so many ways that we can do to have this app running into our Windows OS. So, please choose one of the easy methods on below
Method 1: Installing App Manually
Please note: you should download and install programs only from trusted publishers and retail websites.
- First, open your Web browser, you can use Chrome or any other Browser that you have
- Download the Local by Flywheel installation file from the trusted link on above of this page. Or you can download via this link: Download Local by Flywheel
- Select Save or Save as to download the program. Most antivirus programs like Windows Defender will scan the program for viruses during download.
- If you select Save, the program file is saved in your Downloads folder. Or, if you select Save as, you can choose where to save it, like your desktop.
- After the downloading Local by Flywheel completed, click the .exe file twice to running the Installation process
- Then follow the windows installation instruction that seem until completed.
- Now, the Local by Flywheel icon will seem on your Desktop
- Click on the icon to running the Application into your windows 10 pc/laptop.
Method 2: Installing App using Windows Store
- Open the Windows Store App and Download Latest Version.
You can find the Windows Store at your desktop widget or at bottom in the Taskbar. It looks like a small shopping bag Icon with the Windows logo on it.
- Finding the apps on Windows Store
You can find the Local by Flywheel in Windows store using search box in the top right.
Or you can Select Apps if you want to explore more apps that available, according to popularity and featured apps.
Note: If you don’t find this app on Windows 10 Store, you can back to Method 1.
- Installing the app from Windows Store
When you’ve found the Local by Flywheel on windows store, you’ll see the name and logo, followed by a button below. The button will be marked Free, if it’s a free app, or give the price if it’s paid.
Click the button and the installation will begin. Then you can click Open when it’s complete.
If you’ve already installed the app on another machine, it may say Install instead.