Ahrefs just launched a free site SEO audit and site explorer tool, it’s Ahrefs Webmaster Tools. You can say it AWT in-short. It’s a free tool that will definitely help you to fix the SEO issues on your website and boost your rankings in search engines.
This tool the is too much useful that you will be afan after discover its features.
Ahrefs Webmaster Tools Overview:
The Ahrefs Webmaster Tools is an on-page and off-page SEO data checker for its verified sites. The on boarding process is quite easy and it doesn’t take a long to set up.
You will get a tons of unknown data of your website and by going through them one by one, you website will fly above the competition. Data is seemingly no more than one to two clicks away.
You might be unaware of all the SEO checks report so Ahrefs has a tooltip in every report card. Just hover the cursor on the ? Mark. It will show you a brief summary of the report.
Even it will mark your site issues from deep to light colours. This will help you to understand which issue needs your first priority.
How to Sign up for Ahrefs Webmaster Tools?
It’s too simple to signup and use the AWT. You will just need an email address, that’s it.
- At first visit the Ahrefs Webmaster Tools Page at ahrefs.com/webmaster-tools
- Click on Sign up for free. You can sign up with Google, Face book, or use the manual email process.
- Now it’s the time to add your project. You can easily import it from your Google Search Cole account just in 1 click or choose the manual process.
I recommend you to choose the Import from GSC method. It’s easy, quick and fast.
- Follow these additional steps if you have to choose the manual process. Enter your naked site URL as only example.com. Besides the dropdown menu choose the last option which is Subdomains.
- Now verify that it’s your website. Without it you can’t explore your website details.
Here are the verification methods given by Ahrefs:
- Google Search Console (recommended): Connect your Google Account and allow access to your Search Console data. If your website is verified in your Google Search Console, it will be automatically verified in Ahrefs.
- DNS record: Sign in to your domain name provider (e.g. godaddy.com or namecheap.com) and copy the TXT record below to the DNS configuration for your domain.
- HTML file: Upload the HTML verification file below to your domain’s root folder of your domain.
- HTML tag: Copy the meta tag below and paste it into the HTML code of your site’s homepage. It should go in the section, before the first section.
- Choose setup Crawl preferences.
Ahrefs has a limit of this feature in the free version. So any of your site audits wouldn’t work as unlimited. Here is the best crawl settings for Ahrefs Webmaster Tools:
- Run scheduled crawls: On
- Frequency: Weekly
- Start day: Up on you
- Time & time zone: Your local time zone
- URL sources: Leave it as default.
- Crawl settings:
- Number of parallel requests: 30
- Delay between requests, sec: 60 (increase if the server goes down)
- Settings: Don’t change anything.
- Limits: Enter the max value given beside.
Finally hit the Finish button.
Ahrefs Webmaster Tools (AWT) Dashboard
Ahrefs Webmaster Tools dashboard is simple to use. It has many features to explore.
Some top useful features are:
- Domain Rating
- Referring domains
- Organic Traffic
- Organic Keywords
- Disavow links tool
“All the sections (except the Organic traffic section) can be clicked through to in-depth reports. Navigating directly to website information is super easy and intuitive.”
Ahrefs Free Backlink Checker Tool
According to Ahrefs, it is the most active crawler on the web after Google. So it has trillions of links data. You can simply check your all backlinks just in 1 click from AWT.
You can also apply filters to only see dofollow, nofollow, sponsored, redirect, and other types of backlinks.
Ahrefs Webmaster Tools vs Google Webmaster Tools
AWT or GSC (Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tools) both are seo audit tools. But however it Ahrefs can provide the realtime and detailed report of your website and SEO issues. Just try it out and you will understand the difference. But it’s hard to believe that something as useful as this is free. On the other hand, the Google Webmaster Tools is also necessary to know about how Google looks at your site, indexing issues, and others. So both are important. Don’t ignore Google while using the advanced free SEO tool.
Also Check, The Ultimate 20-in-1 Free SEO Checker Tool
AWT Usage Limits
Due to free, Ahrefs has placed limit on this webmaster tools. But still it’s bigger than your thinking in free version. Here are the usage limits:
- Monthly crawled URLs – 5,000 per project
- Data retention – 3 months
- JS rendering – yes
- Backlink index – “Live” only
- Rows per report – 1,000
- Rows per month – 100,000
- Export rows per report – 1,000
- Export rows per month – 10,000
Advanced SE reports:
- Content gap – 10 rows per report
- Link Intersect – 10 rows per report
- Competing pages/domains – 10 rows per report
- Top pages/subdomains/paths – 10 rows per report
The Ahrefs Webmaster tools will give you a million-dollar value SEO audit for free. Really, it is a killer service. Many features are packed into this one tool which might be ever any SEO expert has discovered yet.